Before Booking / How to Book / Payment & Cancellation /
Problem with Payment / Booking Flights / Terms & Conditions
1. Gather your Friends
Depending on the size of the yacht, they can accommodate between 6 and 12 people. You and your friends will have your own yacht and, if required, we can supply a skipper and hostess. Our Forum on Facebook can help people find other crews to join.
Alternatively, we now offer cabin bookings for those looking to travel with one other friend and join a yacht of other cabin bookers. The minimum age for the event is 20 years old.
2. Choose a Destination and Week
During the winter and spring The Yacht Week sails around the the British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean (we also have a week in June in the BVI) and Thailand. Then we cross the globe to Italy, Greece, Turkey and Croatia to enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean summer. Typically events start and end on a Saturday, but please check the particular details of your event. We do not organise travel or flights.
3. Choose a Yacht or Cabin
Yachts vary in size and price, so choose whatever suits you. Prices range from €350-2000 per person – the average is around €450. Cabins for 2 people start at €890 per person. Once you have chosen and booked a yacht or cabin you need to pay by credit card over two or three payments (depending on the destination you choose). More information on booking and payments can be found below.
HOW TO BOOK:
1. Organising the Payments
The booker can invite their friends to the crew list where they will be able to create their own profile and pay their share of the payment. Yacht and cabin payments are split into 2 or 3 invoices depending on the event.
Please note that the booker is responsible for making sure payments are made on time.
2. Filling Out the Crew List Details Online
We require the following data from all crew members: name, date of birth, passport number and contact details. You can add your crew members via the booking profile.
3. Acting as the Main Contact Upon Arrival and Departure
On arrival at the marina please look out for The Yacht Week arrivals desk for registration and then head over to the yachting agency’s office to check-in to your yacht. On departure please go to your yachting agency’s office for check-out. If you have booked a cabin, your skipper will do this for you.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION:
- Please check your spam filter if you do not receive your confirmation email as it may have ended up there.
CROATIA / ITALY / GREECE / ULTRA EUROPE / TURKEY – 2015
The second payment date of 9th April, 2015 has passed, so bookings must pay 60% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking. The details of the third payment are dependent on the week you have booked:
- The final payment date of 30th April, 2015 has passed, so bookings must pay 100% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking.
- The final payment date of 14th May, 2015 has passed, so bookings must pay 100% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking.
- The third payment of 40% of the total cost is due by 14th June, 2015.
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS – 2015/2016
The payment details of each event are dependent on the week you have booked:
- The final payment date of 15th January, 2015 has passed, so bookings must pay 100% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking.
New Year & Week 1:
- Bookings must pay 30% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking and the second payment of 70% of the total cost is due by 14th September, 2015.
- Bookings must pay 30% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking and the second payment of 70% of the total cost is due by 4th January, 2016.
THAILAND – 2015/2016
Week 51, 52 & New Year
Bookings must pay 30% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking and the second payment of 70% of the total cost is due by 14th September, 2015.
CABIN BOOKINGS – 2015/2016
Bookings must pay 50% of the total cost within 72 hours of the booking and the second payment of 50% of the total cost is due 8 weeks before departure.
PROBLEMS WITH PAYMENTS?
If your payment is declined, please contact your bank to check with them first for possible reasons:
- Not enough funds in the account
- Maximum daily limit set by the bank for a transaction
- Default block on international transfers – check your your bank to ensure they allow international transfers with your card
- Your bank requires you to activate 3-D secure, a feature that we support. 3-D secure is an extra layer of security where you are redirected to your bank to submit a personal pin code in order to identify the buyer before the purchase goes through. If the bank that issues your card does not support Verified by VISA / Secure Code by MasterCard and 3D secure, then the transaction will be declined and another card needs to be used.
If you still can’t make the payment please use another card or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.