Sailing, boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, beach combing and sun bathing come as naturally as breathing. The constant trade winds, hundreds of coves, bays, breathtaking beaches and anchorages lend themselves to sailing, water sports and Caribbean yacht charters.
- Location: Caribbean Sea – Part of the British West Indies in the Leeward Islands. Approximately 60 miles east of Puerto Rico.
- Capital Coordinates: 18.26 North – 64.37 West
- Capital: Road Town, Tortola since 1741. Prior to that, the capital was based in Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda.
- Population: 22,417
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar
- Time Zone: GMT-4 (summer), GMT-5 (winter)
- Electrical Power: Standard 110 Volt (same as in the US)
- Climate: Subtropical. Average Temperature 78-85F.
The most frequently visited of the BVI’s handful of inhabited islands are Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke and Anegada. All of these are idyllic sites for unwinding, wriggling your toes in the sand, and absorbing the laid back pleasures of sunshine and sapphire seas.
The BVI is the ultimate destination for first time and returning charterers alike with diverse anchorages and dining and drinking choices at every stop. Add to this easy, breezy sailing between islands and you'll fall in love with the BVI.