Are you a people orientated person with a passion for sailing? Have you always dreamed about working on a yacht in exotic locations with an international crowd from all corners of the planet?
Not only will you get lots of experience in skippering a yacht, you will also make new friends from all over the world!
Then you should seriously consider joining the Skipper Academy and take the first step to becoming a skipper for The Yacht Week. As a skipper you will be in charge of the yacht and the safety of the guests onboard whilst sharing your experience of
the islands and destinations with recommendations for the perfect holiday. Not only will you get lots of experience in skippering a yacht, you will also make new friends from all over the world!
How do I become a TYW Skipper?
- Apply to the Skipper Academy 2014.
- Become a RYA Yachtmaster. See our minimum requirements here.
- We will contact you for an interview.
- Once you have been accepted to the academy you will need to pay the participant fee.
- If you pass the academy you will get assigned a yacht and the dream can begin.
Skipper Academy 2014
- Dates: TBC
- Price: TBC
- Read more here
Join the Skipper Academy
- Can I be a skipper without going to the Skipper Academy?
- I already have a RYA Yachtmaster, what do I do?
- What happens if I do not pass the Skipper Academy?
- What is a commercial endorsement?
How are Skippers Remunerated?
Each skipper will invoice The Yacht Week for their services according to their qualifications as follows:
* This is the amount a skipper will invoice. Tax policies will vary in different countries. All skippers are responsible to comply with the tax policy of their country. This amount might change for preparation of work permits and professional skipper insurance.
** The performance related bonus structure will be announced on the Skipper Academy.
- RYA Yachtmaster and a commercial endorsement €500 per week* plus bonus**
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean €480 per week*
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore €450 per week*
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal €400 per week*
- Other valid nautical certificates: €350 per week*