Travelling to Tahiti
Tahiti is 5000 miles from the nearest continent. To get to the islands you will need to fly to Faa’a International Airport. A flight to Tahiti will take you 8 hrs from Los Angeles and 9 hours from Sydney. The check-in marina is a further 1 hour 'hopper flight' from the main airport.
Raiatea Airport (RFP) is the closest airport to the starting marina. You will need to fly via Faa’a International Airport (PPT) to get there.
- Step 1 - fly to Faa'a International Airport (PPT) on the Island of Pape'ete.
- Step 2 - fly to Raiatea Airport (RFP) on the Island of Raiatea.
Preferential rates Air Tahiti Nui for TYW guests
For long haul flights, we recommend using Air Tahiti Nui. With regular and reliable flights from LAX and from Paris CDG and a French Polynesian experience that Air Tahiti Nui strive to curate on their flights, it's an easy way to get your travel sorted!
Air Tahiti – https://www.airtahitinui.com/
How to book:
- You will need to speak directly to the Air Tahiti Nui team to request preferential rates for your specific flight path and dates.
- You'll need a screenshot of your TYW booking email to confirm that you are a The Yacht Week guest.
- They were very generous with our team when we flew to Tahiti for our recce so if you are yet to book your long haul flights to Papeete then it’s worth giving them a call.
Please see the contact details for each Air Tahiti Nui centre below:
Tel: +1 877 824 4846
Mon-Fri 7am - 5:30pm
Tel: +44 (0) 844 482 1675
Tel: 0825 02 42 02
Mon-Fri 8am - 7.00pm
For the short flight from Papa'ete to Raiatea we recommend using Air Tahiti - https://www.airtahiti.com/
Most nationalities do not require a visa to visit, however we recommend using VisaHQ to find out if you require any visas to enter the country - www.visahq.co.uk
Getting to your marina
We will be using two marinas, both are less than 2km from the airport in a short taxi journey. Please check your booking for your starting marina.
Marina d'Uturoa - https://goo.gl/maps/TNceYtQdPZzJRL3c6
Apooiti Marina - https://goo.gl/maps/3XidL2ngYGzuW8SE9