Does it seem like everyone you know has decided this is the perfect time to learn a new language? Or start their Couch to 5K journey? Or even master how to make double-chocolate cookie dough "healthy" vegan brownies? But all you want to do is spend a few days holed up in your house watching whatever you can find on TV and not feel bad about it? Well friend, luckily for you we've found the perfect way to stave off the boredom from in front of your tele and still broaden your horizons.
You can now walk through the worlds most famous museums, play with the tigers at the zoo or even take a trip to the theatre, from the comfort of your own home. Have a scroll to see what is out there and where in the world you could spend your virtual evening.
- The Louvre: The world's largest art museum now has free online tours of three famous exhibits for you to enjoy.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: This famous NYC art museum is now featuring over 1,700 artworks by more than 625 artists on it's online collection.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: With a 360-degree virtual tour of every room of every exhibit in the museum, this is bound to keep you busy.
- Van Gogh Museum: See some of the artists most famous work as if you were in the same room.
- The Vatican Museum: If you've always wanted to visit the Vatican but couldn't face the queue then the time is now as with the new virtual tour you'll be the only ones there.
- British Museum, London: This virtual tour will have you searching through time and continents for hours.
- NASA: Was it always your dream when you were younger to grow up and be an astronaut? Fulfil that dream now (or the closest you'll get to it) with these onlines tours of Virginia's Langley Research Center and Ohio's Glenn Research Center. Plus give augmented reality ago through The Space Center Houston's app.
Zoos & Aquariums
- The Cincinnati Zoo: Every day at 3pm EDT the Zoo has a daily safari on it's Facebook live feed so you can keep up with how all the animals are doing.
- Atlanta Zoo: If you love to get down with the Pandas then you can do that 24 hours a day via this brand new Panda Cam.
- Georgia Aquarium: See the Beluga Whales up close and personal or take a waddle with the Penguins with this live cam.
- San Diego Zoo: Take a trip to the zoo and see all your favourite animals including koalas, polar bears, and elephants, that's at least another week in isolation sorted.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Live footage from this aquarium means you can get closer than you ever thought possible to a shark with no fear that you're going to be eaten.
- National Aquarium: For your next day in why not take a stroll of every floor of this famous Baltimore aquarium.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: For West End and Broadway fans, Webber will be streaming his musicals for free online in a new series to keep theatre alive. The shows will be available for 48 hours on "The Shows Must Go On" YouTube channel.
- Shakespeare's Globe: The Globe has announced they will release 40 productions on it's Globe Player for free so you can still get your Shakespearean fix at all times!
- National Theatre: The NT will now be streaming some of their best plays every week for you all to enjoy. Just get on over to their Youtube channel and turn your living room into your very own home-theatre.