These policies have been introduced specifically in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are continuing to monitor and respond to the ongoing circumstances surrounding Covid-19 and local government regulations and therefore we may update our policy accordingly in the future when TYW events take place.
IMPORTANT - COVID Entry Requirements:
Please ensure you are prepared with the right documentation to attend the event. In most cases, the requirement to attend TYW matches the entry requirements for Croatia and Greece.
Below are the documents that will be accepted at TYW check-in.
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hrs
- Proof of a negative Rapid Antigen test within 72 hrs:
- Please ensure that if your test is older than 72 hrs that you obtain another negative test before coming to TYW check-in.
- Please note antigen tests are not accepted for entry into Greece.
- Proof on a COVID Vaccine
- Proof that you have had COVID within the last 6 months:
- Certified letter from your Doctor
- Please note proof of having COVID is not accepted as a means of entry into Greece.
- All staff are required to show a negative RT-PCR test before commencing work.
- All staff will be tested weekly for COVID. Any staff member who tests positive or reports symptoms will be isolated from the event and replaced.
- Strict regular hand washing and sanitising policies will be put in place.
- Onboard Crew has been trained in our Cleaning, Sanitising, and Disinfecting (CSD) procedures, and has extensive knowledge of food handling, waste management, and medical requirements.
- Your skipper and host will be instructed to adhere to social distancing while on charter and encouraged to wear protective equipment when this is not possible.
- We have a medic on every route… they will make sure that our team have regular temperature checks at the start and end of every week.
- Our medic is on hand through the week to help and support any crew with questions or concerns.
- TYW will provide onsite testing for guests who require negative COVID tests for return flights to their home countries. The details of this will be published in due course.
- PCR and Antigen tests will be available and guests will be charged individually for the tests they require.
- Each yacht will be disinfected immediately upon return to the dock. They will then be cleaned, sanitised, and disinfected again prior to the next charter.
- Bedding will be provided in a verified CSD sealed bag.
- Hand sanitiser, hand wash and disinfectant will be provided on all yachts.
- Care packs will be provided for each guest which also include hand sanitiser, hand wipes, and sanitising products.
- Masks and snorkels will not be provided, however, we will still be providing complimentary fins for guests. It is recommended that guests bring their own snorkel equipment.
Arrival at Marina:
- All staff and guests will be temperature checked on arrival.
- New arrivals will be required to show a negative RT-PCR certificate.
- A TYW team member will meet the guests on arrival and show them directly to their yacht. However, if we are unable to do so, the guests will be shown to a secondary area which will adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All payments at the marina will be made via debit or credit card where possible to reduce the handling of cash and support hygienic practices.
- Hand washing and sanitising stations are available.
- Marina staff will be wearing masks and adhering to social distancing measures.
At the Events:
- Masks will not be compulsory at TYW events but will be provided and may be worn by guests who choose to do so.
- All venues will be outdoor allowing enough space for guests who choose to social distance.
- Each crew will be allocated a seating area allowing for social distancing.
- Venue staff may choose to wear face masks for their own protection.
- All cutlery, dishes and glasses will be either machine washed or single-use and recyclable.
What You Can Do to Help:
- During your time with us on the base or any interaction with our staff, we ask you to continue to use your face mask if local government policy dictates enforcement.
- Complete all required documentation online prior to your arrival through your booking profile and the Day8 App.
- While on the event, we request that any guest showing symptoms report to the onsite medic. The medic will do a scanned temperature check and alert the local authorities if COVID-19 symptoms are shown. The local authorities will then take action.
- If you do have symptoms or are recovering from COVID-19 we ask you not to attend the week.
- Guests who display COVID-19 symptoms during the event will not be permitted to continue on their yacht and will be tested and quarantined by the local authorities.