These policies have been introduced specifically in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are continuing to monitor and respond to the ongoing circumstances surrounding Covid-19 and local government regulations and therefore we may update our policy accordingly in the future when TYW events take place.
- All TYW guests will be required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test carried out within three days prior to check-in.
- COVID vaccine certificates will also be accepted as alternatives in line with legislation at the time of the event.
- All staff are required to show a negative RT-PCR test before commencing work.
- All staff will be tested weekly for COVID. Any staff member who tests positive or reports symptoms will be isolated from the event and replaced.
- Strict regular hand washing and sanitising policies will be put in place.
- Onboard Crew has been trained in our Cleaning, Sanitising, and Disinfecting (CSD) procedures, and has extensive knowledge of food handling, waste management, and medical requirements.
- Your skipper and host will be instructed to adhere to social distancing while on charter and encouraged to wear protective equipment when this is not possible.
- We have a medic on every route… they will make sure that our team have regular temperature checks at the start and end of every week.
- Our medic is on hand through the week to help and support any crew with questions or concerns.
- TYW will provide onsite testing for guests who require negative COVID tests for return flights to their home countries. The details of this will be published in due course.
- PCR and Antigen tests will be available and guests will be charged individually for the tests they require.
- Each yacht will be disinfected immediately upon return to the dock. They will then be cleaned, sanitised, and disinfected again prior to the next charter.
- Bedding will be provided in a verified CSD sealed bag.
- Hand sanitiser, hand wash and disinfectant will be provided on all yachts.
- Care packs will be provided for each guest which also include hand sanitiser, hand wipes, and sanitising products.
- Masks and snorkels will not be provided, however, we will still be providing complimentary fins for guests. It is recommended that guests bring their own snorkel equipment.
Arrival at Marina:
- All staff and guests will be temperature checked on arrival.
- New arrivals will be required to show a negative RT-PCR certificate.
- A TYW team member will meet the guests on arrival and show them directly to their yacht. However, if we are unable to do so, the guests will be shown to a secondary area which will adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All payments at the marina will be made via debit or credit card where possible to reduce the handling of cash and support hygienic practices.
- Hand washing and sanitising stations are available.
- Marina staff will be wearing masks and adhering to social distancing measures.
At the Events:
- Masks will not be compulsory at TYW events but will be provided and may be worn by guests who choose to do so.
- All venues will be outdoor allowing enough space for guests who choose to social distance.
- Each crew will be allocated a seating area allowing for social distancing.
- Venue staff may choose to wear face masks for their own protection.
- All cutlery, dishes and glasses will be either machine washed or single-use and recyclable.
What You Can Do to Help:
- During your time with us on the base or any interaction with our staff, we ask you to continue to use your face mask if local government policy dictates enforcement.
- Complete all required documentation online prior to your arrival through your booking profile and the Day8 App.
- While on the event, we request that any guest showing symptoms report to the onsite medic. The medic will do a scanned temperature check and alert the local authorities if COVID-19 symptoms are shown. The local authorities will then take action.
- If you do have symptoms or are recovering from COVID-19 we ask you not to attend the week.
- Guests who display COVID-19 symptoms during the event will not be permitted to continue on their yacht and will be tested and quarantined by the local authorities.