Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.THE ROLE
We are on the hunt for a highly-motivated, results driven Commercial Executive to join our ever growing London based team. This is a perfect job for someone looking to start their career in a commercial-centric role. You will be largely supporting the Commercial Manager on a day-to-day basis, whilst getting a great visibility across the Business. You’ll be working on all brand across the Day 8 Family, helping to manage the inventory portfolio through developing and sustaining strong supplier partner relationships in their destinations. We’re looking for someone that is highly flexible, happy to get involved in both some administration whilst supporting on some exciting projects – the environment will be extremely dynamic.
- Support the end-to-end management of yacht and accommodation supply, ensuring there is the right level of inventory available to meet the market demand, at the right price
- Manage the relationships with existing suppliers
- Produce and analyse weekly inventory and sales reports, presenting findings to wider team
- Frequently monitor sales and the live inventory, presenting back on opportunities to help maximise profit and revenue
- Work with the marketing team to plan and execute effective online campaigns
- Work with Finance, supporting the process of ensuring accurate and timely supplier payments
- Assist Operations and Customer Service teams to manage yacht and accommodation related guest issues
- Help to identify yacht-related issues during the operational season for discussion with relevant accommodation suppliers. If necessary, support on any compensation claims
- Regularly analyse KPIs, market trends and competitor activity to suggest new opportunities or gaps in the product offering
- With the support of the Commercial Manager, distribute contracts annually to all accommodation partners
- Support on upselling ancillaries and upgrade offers for existing guests to generate additional profit
- Support Commercial Manager with creating annual budgets
- Execute commercial analysis on new business opportunities
- Degree-level education is preferred, with a 2.1 discipline ideally in Business, Economics or similar
- A passion for wanting to start a career in the travel industry, and some knowledge of the yachting or ski industry would be greatly beneficial
- Excellent numerical skills and computer literacy, being able to solve problems and identifying errors in data. Proficiency in Excel is a must
- Ability to multitask, well organised and a good communicator
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Superior analytical skills and confidence with commercial acumen
- Understanding of and involvement in payment procedures
- Willing to “get their hands dirty” in helping out the wider team and business when necessary, with a positive can-do attitude
Company policy is not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in London. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense. The role is intended as a permanent contract.
This job is based in Aldgate, London with occasional working periods in Europe.
APPLICATIONSApplications close: 22 March
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.