Photo evidence from our market research trip to Italy
EVENT FINANCE INTERN
European Travel Ventures is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken onboard more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
We are looking for an Event Finance Intern to assist the Finance team during the busy summer season. As Event Finance Intern you will handle many finance related tasks during the season together with the Finance Assistant. You will have access to parts of the event budget to oversee and have the opportunity to give advice for improvement throughout the event. You will be responsible for handling receipts, expense reports and safe management of cash on a daily basis, as well as working closely with the event team. Most of your time will be spent in the office at the marina in Split, but you will have a chance to see the wonderful sites that Croatia and TYW have to offer.
- Management of event budget
- Undertaking expense reports
- Safe management of cash
- Able to work for at least 16 weeks (end of May – mid-September)
- Experience with bookkeeping and budget maintenance
- Preferably from an accounting background (either as a result of studies or previous jobs)
- A multi-tasker, capable to think on their feet
- Outgoing; able to interact with fellow workers
- Someone who likes numbers and excel spreadsheets more than long party nights
- This job is based in sunny Split, Croatia with normal work hours between 9am - 6pm. Please note that TYW will not sponsor visa applications.
- This is an unpaid position. A food allowance and accommodation will be provided.
Send your resume, covering letter and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd, 2018.