EVENT FINANCE INTERN
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
We are seeking passionate, young-hearted people who have a natural flair for finance and events to intern at The Yacht Week this summer. All interns will be trained and sent detailed information outlining destination details and logistics, prior to the start of the event. So if you love The Yacht Week and want a summer to remember, please get in touch. We would love to have you jump on board with us!
- Handling receipts
- Event bookkeeping
- Undertaking expense reports
- Safe management of cash
- Analysis of the event budget on a daily basis
- Opportunity to implement improvements in the event financing function throughout the event
- Various ad hoc work to assist with the Global finance team
- The Summer Internship Program is open to ambitious, passionate, reliable and flexible individuals
- Experience of bookkeeping and accounting from their studies or previous jobs - a degree in Business related subject would be an asset
- Multitasker with great attention to detail
- Be able to work for at least 12 weeks
- Minimum age requirement is 20 years old.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Applicants must be able to finance their own flights to and from Croatia.
- Applicants must be able to travel to Croatia on a holiday visa.
This job is based in sunny Split, Croatia. You will be required to work normally between 9am to 6pm, 5 days a week (often including Saturdays). The majority of your working time will be spent in the Split office or at the marina but you will have the chance to go to see the sites. Please note that TYW will not sponsor visa applications. Interviews will be conducted in person in London or via Skype.
The inclusive aspects of the Internship Program have been devised to minimise your expenses and to enable you to gain the most from your experience.
- Accommodation for the duration of the event weeks allocated (Please Note: Interns do not live on yachts. You will be housed in apartments on the mainland).
- Reasonable weekly allowance provided.
- Transportation between islands and ports where necessary.
- €500 salary per month.
Send your resume, covering letter and availability to email@example.com by 31 March 2019.