Croatia & Greece | Summer 2023
Applications open 31st January 2023
We are seeking passionate, young-hearted people who have a natural flair for events and guest relations to join our event intern programme at The Yacht Week this summer. The Summer Internship Program is open to ambitious, passionate, energetic individuals; who possess previous events or hospitality experience and wish to further enhance their knowledge and skills within the industry.
You will have the chance to get to know people from all around the world while exploring one of our beautiful destinations. It is hugely important that Interns are flexible and enthusiastic about experiencing different roles throughout the programme.
Being adaptable, flexible and having a positive attitude is a must. This is a fast-paced, customer-facing role that requires you to be consistently upbeat and friendly.
You will be based in one of our 2 destinations (Croatia or Greece) based on your experience as well as your availability. Please note, Day8 will not sponsor Visa applications. Interviews will be conducted online.
- Aiding in operations and ensuring that events run smoothly on a daily basis (ie. check-in, transfers).
- Being a point of contact for guests, assisting with any queries or concerns they may have throughout the week.
- Welcoming and assisting guests during the check-in process.
- You will be expected to work between 6 to 8 hours a day according to the event schedule, which will include some night duty.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- As the Guest Relations Intern you will be the focal point that guests can reach out to during the event for any queries and/or issues.
- Your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to): liaising with the customer service team about any guest issues, communicating with guests who need special assistance/ information, reporting issues to the customer service team.
- Accommodation for the duration of the event weeks on a sailing yacht.
- Meals provided on days when interns are on duty.
- Basic salary.
- Transportation to and from the airport & between islands where necessary.
Desirable Skills (not necessary)
- Experience in customer service or a customer facing role
- Events experience
- A degree in tourism, event management or similar
- Sailing experience
- Fitness teaching skills (yoga, pilates, HIIT etc.)
Time / Duration
4-6 weeks from May to September 2023