We are seeking passionate, young-hearted people who have a natural flair for events and guest relations to join our event intern programme at The Yacht Week this summer. The Summer Internship Program is open to ambitious, passionate, energetic individuals; who possess previous events or hospitality experience and wish to further enhance their knowledge and skills within the industry.
You will have the chance to get to know people from all around the world while exploring one of our beautiful destinations. It is hugely important that Interns are flexible and enthusiastic about experiencing different roles throughout the programme.
Being adaptable, flexible and having a positive attitude is a must. This is a fast-paced, customer-facing role that requires you to be consistently upbeat and friendly.
This job will be based either on land if you are chosen for Croatia or on one of our crew boats if you are selected for Greece or one of our feature weeks. Please note, Day8 will not sponsor Visa applications. Interviews will be conducted in person in London or via Skype.
- Communicating the event itinerary to guests on a daily basis.
- Being a point of contact for all guests, assisting with any queries or concerns they may have throughout the week.
- Aiding in operations and ensuring that events run smoothly on a daily basis (ie. check-in, transfers).
- Welcoming and assisting guests during the check-in process.
- You will be expected to work between 6 to 8 hours a day as well as being on night duty once or twice per week.
- Working night duty at least once a week will be a key part of your role as a TYW intern.
- The inclusive aspects of the Internship Program have been devised to minimise your expenses and to enable you to gain the most from your experience.
- Accommodation for the duration of the event weeks allocated (Please Note: Interns in Croatia do not live on yachts. You will be housed in apartments on the mainland as well as the islands of Vis and Hvar).
- Meals provided on days when interns are on duty
- Reasonable weekly allowance to be used when meals are not provided
- Transportation between islands and ports where necessary
➔ 29th May - 17th July (7 Weeks)
➔ 17th July - 14th August & 28th August - 4th September (5 Weeks)
➔ 29th May - 03rd July (5 Weeks)
➔ 03rd July - 31st July (4 Weeks)
Applications close 29th January 2021
Questions? Contact email@example.com