Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Finance Assistant at the beginning of their career with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our team at our headquarters in London.As a Finance Assistant you will work with the accounting of our companies in the UK, Croatia and Sweden, and be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable/receivable, payments, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries and inter-company transactions.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a small team. From the start you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures. You will have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvement.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day book keeping.
- Coordinate event expenses and analyse spending against budget.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Maintain and track cash flow.
- Accounts payable
- Assist with year-end procedures and communication with auditors.
- Support implementation of systems for increased control and efficiency.
- Passion for working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in business administration (accounting preferred).
- At least 1 year of accounting/audit experience.
- Responsible and committed to meet team goals and deadlines.
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English (Swedish and/or Croatian language skills are a plus).
- Driven, independent, open-minded and flexible.
- Open to travel where required.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Competitive package based on experience
All applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in The Yacht Week office in London.
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.