Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
We are seeking passionate, young-hearted people who have a natural flair for finance and events to intern at The Yacht Week this summer. So if you love The Yacht Week and want a summer to remember, please get in touch. We would love to have you jump on board with us!
Although the majority of your working time will be spent in the Split office or at the marina, there will be opportunities to see the sites. All interns will be trained and sent detailed information outlining destination details and logistics, prior to the start of the event.
• Handling receipts
• Expense reports
• Management of cash on a daily basis
• Event bookkeeping
• Analysis of the event budget on a weekly basis
• Opportunity to implement improvements in the event financing function throughout the event
• Various ad hoc work to assist with the Global finance team
• The Summer Internship Program is open to ambitious, passionate, reliable & flexible individuals
• Experience of bookkeeping and accounting from their studies or previous jobs and a degree in a Business-related subject would be an asset (in progress or completed)
• Multi tasker with great attention to detail
• Be able to work for at least 12 weeks (during the period: end of May – approx. 10th September)
• Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Applicants must be able to finance their own flights to and from Croatia.
• Applicants must be able to travel to Croatia on a holiday visa (Please note that Day8 will not sponsor Visa applications)
• Accommodation for the duration of the event weeks allocated (Please Note: Interns do not live on yachts. You will be housed in apartments on the mainland).
• Reasonable weekly allowance provided
• Transportation between islands and ports where necessary
• A salary of €100 per week & performance related bonusApplication Timeline
• Application deadline – 28 February 2019
• 1st round interviews – Early March
• 2nd round interviews – Late March
• Final selections – April
• Role commencement – end of MayIf you think that you are suitable for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV & Covering Letter. Interviews will be conducted via skype.