Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week and The Ski Week Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all walks of life. Our vision is to create experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly-skilled, highly social, engaging and passionate individuals who put making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season from all over the world.
The role is a full-time position that is London office based, though some work from home flexibility is available.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Finance Assistant at the beginning of their career with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our team at our headquarters in London.
As a Finance Assistant, you will work with the accounting of our companies in the UK, Croatia and Sweden, and be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable/receivable, payments, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries and inter-company transactions.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a small team. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures. You will have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvement.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
· Responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping.
· Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring issues are resolved on a timely basis.
· Maintain and track cash flow.
· Assist with year-end procedures and communication with auditors.
· Support implementation of systems for increased control and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant either part qualified or relevant experience working in the travel industry. You are passionate about accounting. A highly motivated hard worker; you are not scared to dedicate time when it comes to improving the business. You can take the initiative and you can cope with a lot of pressure whilst keeping a clear mind. You are not afraid of changes, and you always strive to find improvements. You never miss a deadline. You love to travel and you are not a “typical accountant”. You will grow with the company and eventually assume more responsibility. We are looking for someone to join our journey and set high standards for financial reporting. This will require full dedication and passion!
· Organised and excellent attention to detail.
· Passion for working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business administration (accounting preferred).
· At least 1 year of accounting/audit experience.
· Relevant travel industry experience preferable
· Responsible and committed to meet team goals and deadlines.
· An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
· Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
(Swedish and/or Croatian language skills are a plus).
· Driven, independent, open-minded and flexible.
· International travel will be required.
· Excellent accounting skills.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits to work in the UK.
Salary: competitive package based on qualifications and experience.
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.