We are currently looking for an ambitious, driven, and enthusiastic Financial Accountant at the beginning of their career with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our team at our headquarters in London.
As a Financial Accountant, you will work with the accounting of our companies in the UK, Croatia and Sweden, and be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable/receivable, payments, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, and inter-company transactions.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a small team. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly, and annual closing procedures. You will have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvement.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Revenue reconciliation.
- Consolidation of Group entities.
- Maintain and track cash flow.
- Analysing Financial data.
- Running monthly business reviews with other divisions ensuring accountability of strategy and budgets.
- Participating in the budgeting process.
- Assist with year-end procedures and communication with auditors.
- Support implementation of systems for increased control and efficiency.
- Management of direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant either part qualified or relevant experience working in the travel industry. You are passionate about accounting. A highly motivated hard worker; you are not scared to dedicate time when it comes to improving the business. You can take the initiative and you can cope with a lot of pressure whilst keeping a clear mind. You are not afraid of changes and you always strive to find improvements. You never miss a deadline. You love to travel and you are not a “typical accountant”.
You will grow with the company and eventually assume more responsibility. We are looking for someone to join our journey and set high standards for financial reporting. This will require full dedication and passion!
Organised and excellent attention to detail.
Passion for working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business administration (accounting preferred).
At least 3 years of accounting/audit experience.
Relevant travel industry experience preferable
Responsible and committed to meeting team goals and deadlines.
An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English (Swedish and/or Croatian language skills are a plus).
Driven, independent, open-minded, and flexible.
International travel will be required.
Excellent accounting skills.
Strong Excel skills
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits to work in the UK
Salary & Benefits:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- 2 months notice
- Base annual salary of £32.5k - £37.k depending on experience
- 23 Day Annual Leave
- BUPA Health as an option
- Flexible working - 2 Days from home and 3 Days in the office
- Paid travel to incredible locations with The Yacht Week
- Regular social events and a super friendly working environment.
*The benefits are non-contractual and subject to change and needs of the business
The role is a full-time position that is London office-based, though some work from home flexibility is available.
If you feel like this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
*Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.