Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
If your Instagram feed shouts wanderlust, and you have an aesthetic eye for photography and videography, then read on. We’re looking for a Freelance Media Manager that will spend the summer in sunny Croatia managing photographers, videographers and influencers on our events.
Working alongside the Content Manager, the Freelance Media Manager will focus on the recruitment and logistical coordination of our team of photographers & videographers as well as the pre-event administration. It will also require the onsite coordination of talent and associated administration.
You’ll get to rub shoulders with some industry heavyweights as well as the up and comers and help deliver exceptional content across all the TYW digital channels.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in digital media, photography or videography, has a knack for project management and a passion for travel and people.
This job is based in sunny Split, Croatia with normal work hours between 9am - 6pm. Please note that Day8 will not sponsor visa applications.
• Manage the onsite content creation for The Yacht Week
• Manage the selection and booking of photographers and videographers for the 2020 season
• Writing briefs and communicating event details with artists
• Logistical coordination pre-event including booking flights, arranging transfers
• Logistical coordination and management of photographers during the event
• Logistical coordination of partnership activations
• Logistical coordination of influencer activations
• Briefing and giving feedback to photographers
• Assisting in the administrative processes including invoices and contracts
• Able to work on-site in Croatia from June – mid-September
• A genuine passion for photography and social media
• A good knowledge of the travel photography landscape
• Experience working in media management or photography
• Well organised and proactive
• Fluent in the English language
• Be outgoing and personable
• A team player who’s willing and excited to be at any of our events
• Skills in photography or videography & ability to work on creative projects are not required, but a great asset
• Details on application
• Food and accommodation is included
• Travel to and from Croatia is included
If you think that you are suitable for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV & Covering Letter by 9th March 2020.