We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Front-end Developer with enthusiasm for new technology who wants to work in a “startup” environment. You will be on mid to senior level with innovation and agility as part of their mindset. It would be an advantage if you have some experience with the backend - being a smaller team, you might need to touch up on that as well. This is the perfect role for someone looking to step up in their career.
As an integral member of the development team, you will have an important role in delivering the online sector, including websites, booking processes, boat synchronization, platforms for yachting agencies, administration panels and skipper management systems. You will work across the whole stack to deliver new features - from implementing APIs to building react components.
To be an ideal fit for this role, you should be passionate about new technologies. A highly motivated hard worker, you are not scared to dedicate time to building great products. You have a swarm of new ideas. You like to set up and build new projects and then drive them to exceptional delivery standards. You always take the initiative, and you can cope with substantial pressure while keeping a clear mind. You know how to work alongside a team with exacting standards and tight deadlines.
You will help team members to provide first-class support to the business as it implements its ambitious business development plans.
- Booking platforms - You’ll be responsible for improving and maintaining a high-quality booking process across multiple sites. This is key to our business, and we continually strive to make it as engaging and smooth a process as possible.
- Building new features - We’re always working to improve our sites and looking for new opportunities. As a front-end developer, you will be expected to implement features from start to finish - this can commonly include collaborating with other teams, admin system alterations, react components and page creation and styling.
- Component library - Keeping a consistent design is key. We do this by using a design system and custom component library (in storybook) and you’ll be expected to use and improve this library.
- Developing microsites and for marketing campaigns - Collaborating with internal teams to deliver high-quality landing pages and microsites with a wide global impact.
- Support in the Scrum and Sprint Methodology
- Experience with React.js
- Next.js, Node, Express, Redux
- Webpack, Yarn, Babel, ESlint or similar tools
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS/SASS, JSON and APIs)
- Understanding of UI/UX fundamentals Good understanding of different software design patterns
- Great communication skills, teamwork and appreciation for good coffee, music and fun times
Nice to have Skills:
- Unit testing
- Experience with Symfony (or other PHP frameworks like Laravel)
- Experience with ORMs (Doctrine / Eloquent)
- MySQL and Metabase for reporting
- Experience building well-designed, scalable systems
- WordPress (we use it as a headless CMS)
- Storybook or other component libraries
- Unix, Docker and GCP
- Optimising for performance and SEO
- Experience with other e-commerce platforms or travel systems
- Experience in the travel, event or festival sector is preferable, with booking funnels that need constant evolution and innovation to stay best in class and handle high volume traffic.
- Experience with UX testing and implementation of improving user experiences. Working with a designer to find high-quality solutions to complex booking platform structures
- Good understanding of google analytics and other key social media metrics that inform the performance of websites and associated technology performance.
- Experience in mentoring junior devs on a day to day basics
- Good understanding of Systems Architecture and Infrastructure with some experience in proposing future upgrades and improvements.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Support the Digital Project Manager and all departments in developing and implementing new projects for our brands.
- Manage existing and new technology projects, ensuring all are successfully delivered within set timeframes.
If you feel like this role is for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week, The Ski Week, Quarterdeck & Yachts and Friends. Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 100,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travelers from all walks of life. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly-skilled, highly social, engaging and passionate individuals who make friends and explore the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season worldwide.
Day 8 has 6 different websites that are key to running each of our brands. Each brand has a dedicated IT roadmap and there is an overarching IT strategy that brings them all together under the banner of Day 8 Experiences. We have an app that is used at events to organise, engage and excite our guests and we are looking to “white label” this in the future.