Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 50,000guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all walks of life. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The Role & Person Summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and intelligent Junior Full Stack Developer to join our team in our office in London. As an integral member of the development team, you will have an important role delivering the online sector including websites, booking processes, boat synchronisation, platforms for yachting agencies, administration panels and skipper management systems. As a Full Stack Developer, you will work across the whole stack to deliver new features - from database design and implementing APIs to building react components.
To be an ideal fit for this role, you should be passionate about new technologies and keen to learn them. A highly motivated hard worker: you are not scared to dedicate time when it comes to building great products. You have a swarm of new ideas. You always take the initiative, and you can cope with substantial pressure whilst keeping a clear mind. You know how to work alongside a team with exacting standards and tight deadlines.
- Booking platforms - You’ll be responsible for improving and maintaining a high-quality booking process across multiple sites. This is key to our business, and we continually strive to make it as engaging and smooth a process as possible.
- Building new features - We’re always working to improve our sites and looking for new opportunities. As a full stack developer, you will be expected to implement features from start to finish - this can commonly include collaborating with other teams, database design, building APIs, admin system alterations, react component and page creation and styling.
- Backend architecture - Having a flexible and enduring backend is crucial. You’ll be expected to maintain and improve our symfony/mysql systems whilst adhering to OOP principles and keeping a sensible data architecture.
- Component library - Keeping a consistent design is key. We do this by using a design system and custom component library (in storybook) and you’ll be expected to use and improve this library.
- Developing microsites and for marketing campaigns - Collaborating with internal teams to deliver high quality landing pages and microsites with a wide global impact.
Skills and background
- Understanding of web fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or similar (Maths, Physics, Engineering etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills (STEM Degree, enjoy puzzles?)
- Code projects done in own time (can you share some of these?)
- Great communicator and appreciation for good coffee, music and fun times
What we use (and you’ll learn):
- Symfony and PHP for the backend
- Next.js, Node, Express, Redux
- MySQL and Metabase for reporting
- Doctrine ORM
- WordPress (we use it as a headless CMS)
- Webpack, Yarn, Babel, ESlint and similar tools
- Storybook component library
- Linux, vagrant and GCP
Remuneration and Perks
- Various travel opportunities and attending The Yacht Week
- Personal development training
- MacBook Pro
- Office based role with some WFH Flexibility (London)
- Pension matching scheme
- Eligibility to participate in a private health scheme (BUPA)
- Encouraging and collaborative working environment
If you think that you are suitable for this Junior Full Stack Developer role, please email email@example.com with your CV & Covering Letter. This role is only available to people with a valid work permit for the UK. Applications close Friday 18th June 2021.