Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all walks of life. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
Based in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly-skilled, highly social, engaging and passionate individuals who put making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season from all over the world.
As a PR & Influencer Exec, you will be part of a happy team of 6 who set the pace for the future direction of a highly creative & innovative brand, within a business that looks to marketing for answers. We pride ourselves in welcoming all ideas & outlooks, from anywhere and anyone. We like to be challenged: The opportunity to affect commercial change & get involved in the areas that really interest you in your career is ample.
The primary purpose of this role is to amplify key campaign ideas in offline & organic channels, specifically PR & influencer channels that will drive sales & brand growth for The Yacht Week. As we look to diversify channels & segment audiences, this role will play an important part in driving the business forward. Success will be seen by:
- Raising awareness & leverage of The Yacht Week signature trips to Croatia and Greece
- Creating conversation and content around TYWs other routes and new products
- Leveraging TYW’s brand partners, guest portfolio and other relationships to drive awareness
At pertinent points in the Day 8 marketing cycle, you will be expected to use your superpowers to affect other portfolio brands & pick up marketing projects which play to your strengths. The role is based in London with travel to be expected to Europe & further afield.
As a central cog in the marketing machine, the person needs to be positive, incredibly well-organised with an eye for detail. The person should be able to fulfil all of the qualities below:
- Be strategic: Understand how your actions can affect the wider objective; be analytical& a creative problem solver
- Be enthusiastic & proactive: We are empowering you to hit the ground running, seize opportunities, move fast & break things. Be confident to challenge & ask questions.
- Be responsible & accountable for the tasks presented. Plan ahead appropriately but always flag if you think timings are going to be tricky or you need help
- Be able to build strong internal & external relationships to hustle effectively when the right brief comes along
- Be agile- the nature of our business means we change direction - being open to change is key!
- Be curious - Have a key interest in creative communications, product innovation & the wider marketing mix. Bring ideas to the table & take up opportunities to own projects when you can.
Strategic campaign development: You will be expected to respond to marketing briefs in a clear, considered manner that demonstrates an understanding of the wider business & marketing objective, and recommends how the brand can use social & digital channels in a more creative & innovative way.
Campaign management & distribution: You will be expected to develop & lead communications initiatives in a timely & responsible manner. You will be expected to define the story timeline & narrative, manage media partners, sell into media & manage the press office off-site. You will also be responsible for the production of necessary assets as well as, at times, contributing to the work yourself. For example, writing scripts & briefing content creators; establishing clear deliverables with your PR agency.
Effective Content storytelling:
- Demonstrating your understanding of the market & our audience, work with creators to deliver engaging & creative content narratives to the right people at the right time- across both TYW & external channels. Demonstrate considered thought in the creators you choose & the messages you are promoting. This includes both photo & video content.
- Recommend & understand the KPIs which can affect the objective in the right way.
Building & managing an effective network of influencers & influential people:
- Communication of The Yacht Week’s events and products across our key audience groups - for example, but not limited to Music, Travel, Adventure and Sailing - and identifying areas for potential growth
- Encourage positive advocacy, brand loyalty & referrals of The Yacht Week experience amongst our guests. Use of guests & community of skippers & hosts
- Delivery & ownership of quality media coverage targeted cleverly and including consistent messaging around The Yacht Week products and offerings
- Ownership of photography & videography production when on-site or at events, ensuring quality of output.
- With the wider team, manage logistics of press & influencer trips & attend when necessary
- Ensure all coverage is captured & filed internally
- Ensure relevant material is uploaded to the website
- Build a network of journalists & press contacts who we can leverage & work with
- Build communication strategies that are regionally relevant across different audiences in America, Europe, Australia and the rest of the world.
Brand Values: You will uphold the brand values in everything you do and ensure that we as a business remained focused on being the leader in the industry
- Marketing team - to support in building effective solutions that help us meet our objectives. You will work with the Head of Marketing on independent & team projects.
- Ops & Tech teams - Forging strong relationships with our partners in the business to make sure our ideas for the product & campaigns can be made into reality
- Customer service - Keep your ear to the ground with customers to make sure the feedback loop is closed
- Commercial team - working closely with the commercial team to react to sales data and be agile in terms of market changes
Skills and background:
- 2+ years experience in creative communications or PR (agency or in-house)
- Experience in managing communications campaigns
- Experience in working with influencers
- Experience in news distribution across print, web, broadcast and social
- Highly active and personally interested in travel and or music
- Creative, organised, driven and results orientated
- Ability to influence and advise the wider team
- Previous experience in travel/lifestyle/youth brands
- Interest and knowledge of emerging media opportunities e.g. digital/social media
- Experience in creating video content/TV programming & defining distribution strategies
- Knowledge of video & photography production
- Solid travel and lifestyle media contacts
- Adaptable and flexible to change at short notice
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 p.a. based on experience
If you think that you are suitable for this PR & Influencer Exec role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.