Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week, Yachts and Friends, The Ski Week & Quarterdeck. Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers & professionals from all walks of life. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly-skilled, highly social, engaging and passionate individuals who put making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season from all over the world.
As Media Assistant, you will be part of a happy team of 6 who set the pace for the future direction of an established, innovative brand….as well as kick-starting exciting new ventures!
We pride ourselves in welcoming all ideas & outlooks... from anywhere and anyone. The opportunity to affect commercial change & get involved in the areas that really interest you early in your career is ample.
This is a fantastic opportunity to create & manage for a leading, global content marketing brand.
Based at The Yacht Week office in Croatia between May & September 2021, your role will be focused on:
- Ensuring, managing & processing the output of photographers & videographers against a clear brief
- Capturing & executing additional social first content of our event
- Identifying important guests who could help us with our advocacy marketing efforts - Supporting the day to day marketing activity, e.g. assisting ops team with activations
As our Media Assistant you will be a core support to the team on the ground. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager day-to-day to execute our strategy over the summer season, leading into our key sales period. With high output across social, (both paid & organic) email & our website, getting up to speed with best practice principles in those channels, our content management & creative systems is key to success.
Being on the ground, the Marketing Team will be relying on you not only for your ability to capture content based on an agreed strategy but to identify additional opportunities which will drive our marketing ambitions forward.
The Person & The Role Summary:
We are looking for a passionate, personable, fun-loving creative: someone who sees the opportunity at The Yacht Week to make some cool, hype worthy creative happen to the best of their ability.
This person is a team player who is collaborative & sees a future working professionally within the creative industries.
Being on event, the individual needs to:
- Be a trusted pair of hands: You will need to show great organisational skill & attention to detail, be responsible & accountable for tasks presented
- Be a good communicator: Keep your manager & team informed of what’s going on & let us know if you need more help of have questions
- Be agile: Some last minute requests will come up, that’s the nature of the job! - Be a great people person, sociable & approachable: Don’t be shy! You will be working not only with the marketing team in London but with guests & talent. You will need to flex & have patience for different needs and briefs.
- Be ambitious & Bring ideas: No one is better placed than you to take in the mood & celebrate it on our channels, we want to hear that input
- Professional Creative excellence: Understands the importance of content within our marketing mix; the tone we are trying to capture and executional level of consistency we need on our channels
- Be a collaborative team player: On occasion, you will be working with another Media Assistant working to the same brief- you should be able to work together to achieve the same goal
- Photographer & Videographer liaison: You will help liaise with photographers & videographers on route, answering questions on their brief, escalating any problems to the Content Manager & processing their deliverables.
- Attention to detail is an absolute must: You must assure the deliverables are delivered to brief and on time, giving feedback & direction where necessary. You will be required to file the deliverables clearly as directed by the Marketing team
- Owned Community management: You will support the Marketing team managing our principle social channels, mainly Instagram & Tik Tok
- Growing Tik Tok: You will use your native social understanding to drive growth of our community on Tik Tok
- MVP (Most valuable player) Guests: Using your access to our guests, help the marketing team forge relationships with potential influential guest advocates both ahead of arriving on route & on trip itself.
- Real time content capture & posting: Working with the Marketing Manager, you will need to capture content to be used on The Yacht Week social channels as well as post ● Future Content bank: Capture a content bank for use on future social posts based on a brief worked through with the marketing team:
- 50 Tik Toks
- 50 Reels
- Ad hoc copy writing: On occasion, you will need to support with copywriting for The Yacht Week owned channels
Output & Event Management
- Activation support: You will be expected to help the ops team organise on site activations, e.g. organise transport, decorations.
- Partnership support: We are required to shoot product placement content for our partners, at times you will need to make sure the right people are given the correct product
- Weekly wraps: Sending a 5 point email to your marketing team with your intel from the week: any trouble spots, guest highlights, any thoughts on opportunities to capture for the following week; any possible advocate guests to follow up with
- Marketing team - to support in building effective solutions that help us meet our objectives. You will work into the Marketing Manager but also Head of Marketing on specific projects
- Ops & Tech teams - Forging strong relationships with our partners in the business to make sure our ideas for the product & campaigns can be made into reality ● Customer service - Keep your ear to the ground with customers to make sure the feedback loop is closed
- Commercial Team - working closely with the commercial team to react to sales data and be agile in terms of market changes
Skills and background:
- 1 year of social media community management experience
- Social first creativity which will provide a fresh, ownable feel to TYW comms
- Demonstrated experience in a production/festival focused marketing role
- Experience working into a marketing team
- Capable to work remotely
- Experience with paid social media channels
- Experience of growing a Instagram channel to over 10k followers
- Experience of copywriting or blogging
- Experience of working with editorial content management systems (e.g. Canva, Latr) ● Campaign or project management
- Remote working experience
What’s included & Salary:
- Accommodation for duration of internship - shared room
- Reasonable weekly food allowance
- Transport to locations on route as necessary
- The successful candidate will be expected to make their way to the Croatia office in Split.
- First round interviews & task - Start of May
- Second round interview - End of May
- Job begins - w/c 24th May, (ends 24th September)