Photo evidence from our market research trip to Italy
European Travel Ventures is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken onboard more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
We are looking for Registered Nurses, Doctors or Paramedics who are looking to take some time out of their careers and are in search of an adventure. This exciting role will provide the best of both worlds for those looking to further their medical careers while gaining experience with people and seeing a new part of the world. The On-Site Medic provides basic medical support to those in need over the course of their yacht week. This includes guests, staff and anyone else on-site and in need of medical attention. In addition to medical experience, this position requires confidence and ability to work well in a team environment. You will not be performing any procedures in this role unless in extreme circumstances. Primary duties will involve providing advice and administering basic first aid until emergency services arrive onsite.
- Give due attention to illness and accidents as patrons present
- Dressing wounds/injuries (no stitching)
- Accompanying guests to hospitals or medical clinics
- Recording all incidents & procedures
- Responding to call for help across all venues in designated country
- Call emergency services as necessary
- Registered Nurse, Doctor or Paramedic
- Festival or Event medic experience is an asset
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Knowledge of Croatian, Greek or Italian language is an asset
- You will be offered a spot in one of our 5 destinations based on your experience as well as your availability.
- Salary will be competitive based on experience.
Send your resume, covering letter and availability to email@example.com by February 2nd, 2018.