European Travel Ventures is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken onboard more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The Yacht Week is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join the event team to help plan and deliver premium travel events in our Mediterranean and Caribbean destinations. As a market leading brand, the individual will play an integral role in our worldwide events at an outrageous level of quality.
We are looking for a passionate traveller who is able to connect people through immersive experiences in a diverse and multicultural setting. With a keen eye for trend and an ability to anticipate change, candidates must be pioneering, highly organised and outgoing. The individual will report directly to the Head of Operations in our London office but with significant and extended travel overseas and frequent dealings with the in-house Event Experience Team.
The ideal candidate will have worked in similar role in the travel or events industry, organising and delivering unique experiences whilst solving complex logistical and operational problems. The role will require exceptional organisational skills and efficient time management with the ability to plan and deliver events in stressful and fast changing situations. A creative eye and previous experience as staff or a guest on The Yacht Week or The Ski Week is preferred but not essential.
- Plan and coordinate successful week-long events. Producing unique and unforgettable experiences.
- Logistical planning and execution; shipping equipment, personnel movement, payments, and regulation.
- Organising guest and staff transfers, accommodation and schedules.
- Recruitment and training of new staff.
- Drafting event programmes and guest communication.
- Dealing with existing external suppliers and sourcing alternatives.
- Analysing guest feedback and making recommendations on relevant improvements.
- Coordinate onsite communication plan with guests and staff.
- Coordinating with overseas venue and logistics partners.
- Customer relations, solving problems, acting as a communication channel between guests and suppliers.
- There is also an opportunity to be based overseas during the summer in an event manager role.
- 2-4 years experience in premium entertainment and festival events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Significant experience living/working/studying abroad.
- Excellent adaptability, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond well to pressure and high stress situations.
- Able to demonstrate clarity of thought, initiative and adaptability.
- London based with willingness to work abroad for extended periods.
- Effective working remotely and without supervision.
- Yachting experience.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- No suits.
- Cool office space.
- Creative brainstorm hours.
- Access to The Yacht Week and The Ski Week events.
- Real strong coffee.
- International and diverse office featuring employees with impressive bios.
- Beer fridge Fridays.
- Group Bonus Scheme.
- Pension matching scheme.
- Eligibility to participate in a private health scheme.
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense. The role is intended as a medium to long term contract.