We are looking for an Operations Intern to assist the Quarterdeck management team during the busy summer months in Croatia.
The applicant must have excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
The role will be diverse and expose the individual to all aspects of The Yacht Week fleet of yachts' operations. Duties will include assisting with logistics, apparel, feedback tracking, and managing staff on site.
The internship period is 10th May to mid September (exact finish date flexible). Most of your time will be spent in the office based in Split, Croatia, but you will have a chance to see the wonderful sites that Croatia and TYW have to offer, and access to exclusive events located in different Croatian islands.
The internship will have the possibility to progress into a full time role, based in London from October 2021.
- Undertake weekly booking check; confirming contracts are signed and correct licenses and insurance are provided
- Manage staff apparel, flags and SIM cards
- Manage intake of new staff and ensure they are briefed
- Communicate with partners, collecting and uploading crew lists
- Track and manage staff requirements and availability
- Analyse and record guest feedback and follow up with staff
- Maintain and update staff database
- Occasional 'out of hours' phone calls etc to assist with unexpected staff or customer service support
- Management support to conduct team-building events
- English as a first language preferred
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills
- Organised and proactive
- A multitasker, capable to think on your feet
- A team player, willing to engage in TYW's unique social environment
- Previous sailing knowledge and hospitality industry experience preferred
This internship is based in sunny Split, Croatia with normal work hours between 9am-6pm. Please note that working days might include some weekends in the form of flexible schedule. QD will not sponsor visa applications. This is an unpaid position, QD will supply accommodation, food allowance, a set flight stipend and the opportunity to join a TYW flotilla event at the end of the internship.
CV and cover letters to: email@example.com
Deadline: 10th April 2021