The Yacht Week is looking for a passionate and highly organised leader to manage The Yacht Week Event in Greece, delivering world-class events on one of the most beautiful coastlines in the Mediterranean. The role will report to the Operations Manager Greece and the individual must be comfortable living on a crew yacht for the entire duration of their time on site.
This role requires the individual to act as the overall lead for events on the Greece route working collaboratively with the Route Manager to execute land and water based events in a safe and professional manner.
- Liaise with venues and partners to provide an exceptional level of service to TYW guests
- Manage the event team to provide accurate and timely information to all guests
- Produce and manage the intern event programme ensuring efficient and timely logistics
- Act as the point of contact for all guest concerns and complaints
- Report issues accurately and in a timely fashion to the Operations Manager Greece
- Attend all events, monitoring them for quality control purposes, making adjustments where necessary for a safe and enjoyable guest experience
- Provide immediate assistance in the event of an injury or emergency situation
- Maintain strong relations with skipper and hostesses and venue staff enabling a smooth operation and guest experience
- Manage table bookings at respective venue
- Be prepared to refer individuals to the Operations Manager Greece in the event disciplinary action is required
- Able to work on-site in Greece from June – mid September
- A genuine passion and knowledge for the event industry
- Experience working in the event industry
- Well organised and proactive
- Fluent in the English language
- Be outgoing and personable
- A team player who’s willing and excited to be at any of our events
The role will be based on a crew-yacht for the duration of the assignment (8 weeks). The role requires the individual to be contactable at all times in case of emergency. Any absences must be approved by the Operations Manager Greece.
Send your resume, covering letter and availability to Will Curtis by Feb 25th 2019.
This is a paid position.