QD LIFE LTD - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Quarterdeck Life Ltd provides maritime staff to the flotilla and charter sailing industry and counts The Yacht Week as our exclusive partner. With a focus on skippers and hosts we provide comprehensive training packages to prepare our staff for the demands of working in this growing industry. Our key areas of operation are the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and Thailand. We typically provide over 2000 assignments every season and train up to 200 new staff annually.
The Business Development Manager will have full ownership of the Quarterdeck brand and business performance. The individual will lead a team of 4 full time staff and seasonal staff of up to 400. We are looking for an exciting and visionary leader with a strong track record of growing a business, identifying opportunity and delivering results. The individual will require the ability to inspire young people and build strong working relationships, acting as a role model and figurehead for the business. Credibility is important and the ideal candidate will have extensive sailing experience and an in-depth understanding of the charter industry.
- Lead the Quarterdeck organisation and community.
- Inspire and motivate staff to ensure performance on charters and assignments is of the highest standard.
- Own the budget and report results at board level.
- Improve the training syllabus for skippers and hostesses joining the community.
- Innovate and build the business outside of the key partners.
- Own the marketing plan to ensure recruitment targets and new business goals are met.
- Identify and secure partnership deals with relevant sponsors.
- Improve and update the Quarterdeck website and social media channels.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key partners.
- Change management.
- Preferably a background in the maritime industry.
- A leader with experience managing large teams.
- A strong track record of building a business and identifying opportunities and delivering results.
- Budget management and resource allocation.
- The ability to motivate and inspire young people.
- Able to demonstrate clarity of thought, initiative and adaptability.
- A skilled communicator, able to articulate vision and direction to numerous staff in remote locations.
- Skipper qualifications are preferred but not essential.
- No suits.
- Cool office space.
- Creative brainstorm hours.
- Real strong coffee.
- International and diverse office featuring employees with impressive bios.
- Beer fridge Fridays.
- Group Bonus Scheme.
- Pension matching scheme.
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
This job is based in London with frequent trips to the Mediterranean as well as long haul to new destinations.
Competitive salary + bonuses.