The Role & Person Summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and intelligent Senior Developer to join our team in London. As an integral member of the development team, you will have an important role delivering the online sector including websites, booking processes, boat synchronisation, platforms for yachting agencies, administration panels and skipper management systems. As a Lead Developer you will work across the whole stack to deliver new features - from database design and implementing APIs to building react components.
To be an ideal fit for this role, you should be passionate about new technologies. A highly motivated hard worker; you are not scared to dedicate time when it comes to building great products. You have a swarm of new ideas and aspire to become a Lead Developer. You like to set up and build new projects then drive them to exceptional delivery standards. You always take the initiative and you can cope with substantial pressure whilst keeping a clear mind. You know how to work alongside a team with exacting standards and tight deadlines.
- System migration - Reviewing, designing and implementing a plan to unify and future proof our various products across the web and mobile. Eventually moving our backend from Symfony to Larval and an headless architecture. This will affect booking processes, admin management and user experience amongst other aspects.
- Backend architecture - Having a flexible and enduring backend is crucial. You’ll be expected to maintain and improve our symfony/laravel/mysql systems whilst adhering to OOP principles and keeping a sensible data architecture.
- Booking platforms - You’ll be responsible for improving and maintaining a high quality booking process across multiple sites. This is key to our business and we continually strive to make it as engaging and smooth a process as possible.
- Building new features - We’re always working to improve our sites and looking for new opportunities. As a full stack developer you will be expected to implement features from start to finish - this can commonly include collaborating with other teams, database design, building APIs, admin system alterations, react component and page creation and styling.
- Component library - Keeping a consistent design is key. We do this by using a design system and custom component library (in storybook) and you’ll be expected to use and improve this library.
- Developing microsites and for marketing campaigns - Collaborating with internal teams to deliver high quality landing pages and microsites with a wide global impact.
Skills and background
- Experience with React.js or similar (Vue.js, Angular etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Laravel
- Knowledge of Symfony for migration purposes
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS/SASS, JSON and APIs)
- Experience building well designed, scalable systems
- Good understanding of different software design patterns
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or similar (Maths, Physics, Engineering etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great communication skills and teamwork
- Next.js, Node, Express, Redux
- MySQL and Metabase for reporting
- Doctrine ORM
- WordPress (we use it as a headless CMS)
- Webpack, Yarn, Babel, ESlint or similar tools
- Storybook or other component libraries
- Understanding of UI/UX fundamentals
- Unix, vagrant and GCP
- Optimising for performance and SEO
- Mentoring colleagues
- Experience with other e-commerce platforms or travel systems
Remuneration and Perks
- Various travel opportunities
- Performance based bonus
- Personal development training
- MacBook Pro
- Encouraging and collaborative working environment
If you feel that this role is for you, please send your CV and cover letter email@example.com.