SOCIAL & CONTENT MANAGER
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
THE ROLESocial Media. Video. Copywriting. If these three skills are your jam then this is the job for you. We’re looking for a killer social and content expert who’s able to hit the ground running, bringing strategic and creative flair to our assets. A copywriter at heart, you have the ability to turn the practical into the inspirational, and write copy that captivates, inspires and ultimately converts your audience. You’ll be hands on with our social channels, planning activity and initiatives that engage with our community of travel and experience lovers. And if that’s not enough, you’ll be leading the creative production of our video output, finding innovative and on trend ways to communicate a one-of-a-kind travel experience through video. Like travel? Like content? Dream role, right here.
- Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing to develop and manage our integrated social media and content strategy
- Be ultimately responsible for our social media channels, managing and working with a Social & Content executive to plan, schedule, engage, report and optimise our activity
- Act as lead copywriter for brands within the group, across advertising, email, offline/print, website, blog content and social media
- Champion our blog, creating an editorial calendar and workflow to publish engaging and relevant content to our audiences - earning traffic through social audiences and SEO
- Oversee creative development of video content - turning business requirements into creative briefs, managing creative brainstorming, production, execution and distribution
- Source and work with a network of photographers, videographers, editors and designers to capture and execute creative to your direction
- Create reports with actionable insights with which we can use to continually optimise and improve our activity.
- Equal balance of creative and analytical. You know what good creative is, but you know how to make it work hard for our business goals
- Understanding of the social media landscape in 2019, channel trends, content formats and best practice
- An expert copywriter, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to adapt your tone of voice to different audiences or stages of the buying cycle.
- Stickler for detail, process and getting things done on time to a high standard.
- Experience in video production, particularly in creating video for social channels
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Marketing Cloud, Dot Digital, Mail Chimp, etc) and producing content for email
- Experience or practical understanding of SEO desired, but not essential.
All applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in the Day 8 office in London.
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.