As Social and Content Executive, you will be part of a happy team of 7 who set the pace for the future direction of an established, innovative brand….as well as kick-starting exciting new ventures!
We pride ourselves in welcoming all ideas & outlooks... from anywhere and anyone. The opportunity to affect commercial change & get involved in the areas that really interest you early in your career is ample.
This is a chance for you to create magical moments on the blank canvas of a leading global travel event brand.
As our Social Media Executive you will work closely with the Marketing Manager & Executive day-to-day to execute our strategy throughout the year across Social Channels. With high output required across all of these channels, getting up to speed with (and staying on top of) best practices forms a key part of your role, alongside championing our content management & creative processes.
Your role will be focused on:
- Researching online trends and audiences to create a strategy with the Social Team for our year-round calendar
- Capturing & executing social mobile first content
- Managing creative suppliers, including but not limited to editors, designers, videographers and ensure all content/work is delivered correctly and on time
- Attending events and capturing on event-content for our owned channels
- Supporting the day to day marketing activity
However, we’re not just looking for someone who is content to post an image or video and then leave it at that. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes the idea of “social”, thinks outside the box in terms of how we can reach and engage our community, and does all of this with The Yacht Week’s unique brand in mind. In practice this might look like:
- Running an online dating profile for an avatar of our latest campaign
- Interviewing people on the street and turning this into social-first content
- Being on top of trends and able to shape them in an engaging and innovative way to our brand
We are looking for a passionate, personable, fun-loving creative: someone who sees the opportunity at The Yacht Week to bring cool, hype worthy stories to life to the best of their ability. This person is a responsible team player who is collaborative & sees a future working professionally within the creative industries.
Social content creation and management:
- Work with the marketing team to design and implement social media strategy to align with business and campaign goals
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences, with conclusions that can inform our content planning
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency across internal & external comms material
- Manage our social communities: Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions, based on your understanding of our audience’s world & competitive marketplace
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications, e.g. Later, Canva
- On event: attend the Croatia / Greece summer season to capture live content and manage the social channels
Skills and background:
- Instagram & Tik Tok mobile content production
- Social & mobile first creativity which will provide a fresh, ownable feel to TYW comms
- Good understanding of successful social & mobile first content creation principles
- Demonstrated proactivity in a content production based environment
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team & delivering to a brief
- Good communication & interpersonal people skills
- Capable to work remotely
- Experience of growing a social media channel to over 10k followers
- Experience of copywriting or blogging
- Experience of working with social management systems (e.g. Canva, Later)
- Demonstrated experience in a production/festival focused marketing role
- Experience working into stakeholders & a marketing team
Here's what you job could look like: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dxkTrC5qBFI?feature=share
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and get our attention on social. Whatever that is, however you want to do it, we want to see how creative you can be - just get our attention. Applications close 15th April.