The Ski Week Event Crew
The Ski Week is a series of boutique ski festivals occurring in some of the most iconic mountain destinations around the world. Since its launch in 2014 in Obertauern, Austria, the event has grown beyond Europe and in addition to its Austria event runs trips in Japan, the USA and Canada.
We are on the hunt for Event Interns to join our team of incredible event staff. This is your opportunity to become a key figure in the execution of one of the most mind-blowing experiences to ever hit the slopes and gain real-world event experience in a fun, young, environment.
We are seeking passionate, young-hearted people who have a natural flair for events and guest relations. You can apply to our events in Canada, Austria or Aspen Snowmass. It’s a high-intensity role so be prepared to work hard in a fast-paced environment. In return, you’ll get to ski some of the best mountains in the world and meet truly amazing people. All event crew will be trained and sent detailed information outlining daily plans, destination details and logistics, prior to the start of the event. It is hugely important that our crew is energetic at all times, understands the stamina needed for mountain life and most importantly, like us, do everything with a smile.
So, whether you have already been on The Ski week & witnessed the magic first hand, or you have had a read and decided you want a winter to remember, please get in touch. We’d love for you to join us in the mountains.
This role is based in Canada, Austria and/or Aspen Snowmass depending on application. Day8 will not sponsor Visa applications. Interviews will be conducted in person in London or via Skype.
- Communicating the event itinerary to guests on a daily basis.
- Being a point of contact for all guests, assisting with any queries or concerns they may have throughout the week.
- Aiding in operations and ensuring that events run smoothly on a daily basis (ie. check-in, transfers).
- Welcoming and assisting guests during the check-in process.
- Lead TSW activities as needed (ie. snowshoe hikes, ski teams, parade of nations, etc)
- Building, branding, set-up and teardown of activations or après-ski parties.
- Working night duty at least once a week.
- The Ski Week requires ambitious, passionate, energetic individuals; who possess previous events or hospitality experience and wish to further enhance their knowledge and skills within the industry.
- Being adaptable, flexible and having a positive attitude is a must. This is a fast-paced, customer-facing role that requires you to be consistently upbeat and friendly.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years old.
- Confident skier or snowboarder.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Applicants must be able to finance their own flights to and from each TSW event. Whilst reasonable food and accommodation is provided, keep in mind you may spend extra on personal items.
- Appplicants must be able to travel to the specified TSW destination on a holiday visa.
- Any extra qualities or skills such as ski instructor, yoga instructor or MC is a huge bonus!
- First aid qualifications are highly desirable.
- Event Management/Tourism/Public Relations/ related university qualifications or experience is important but not required.
- Other languages proficiency is a plus but not necessary.
- Love the mountains and our brand as much as us! You are ready to live, eat and breathe The Ski Week!
Below are the dates for each of our 2020 events. Please keep in mind that you may be required to arrive up to two days before/after the event.
Canada, The Ultimate Road Trip
22 FEB - 29 FEB
Obertauern, Austria Trip
14 MAR - 21 MAR (Week 1) 21 MAR - 28 MAR (Week 2)
Aspen Snowmass, USA5 APR - 12 APR
WHAT'S INCLUDEDThe inclusive aspects of the Internship Program have been devised to minimise your expenses and to enable you to gain the most from your experience.
- Accommodation for the duration of the event week.
- Meals provided either in the crew apartment or on the slope depending on duties.
- Ski pass.
- Ski/board equipment hire.
- Staff uniform, including crew jacket whilst on event.
HOW TO APPLYPlease submit a video answering the following two questions:
- WHY YOU - You essence, flare and what makes you, YOU!
- WHY US - Why do you want to work for TSW?
Applications close on September 30th. We can't wait to hear from you! Top tip, at The Ski Week we nurture creativity and thrive by thinking outside the box - so keep this in mind for your video!