Photo evidence from our market research trip to Italy
UX DESIGNER & VISUAL LEAD
European Travel Ventures is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken onboard more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The Yacht Week is looking to hire a talented UX designer that has experience of full ownership of websites and apps. The role will be focused on taking leadership of the visual identity of The Yacht Week and The Ski Week brands as well as the continued development and full ownership of our digital properties; www.theyachtweek.com, www.theskiweek.com and the Day 8 mobile app. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales & Marketing and collaborating closely with the Creative Content Manager this is a mid-level key role of the company.
- Full ownership of our websites including design, content, functionality and yield monitoring.
- Working closely together with our marketing analyst to monitor conversion and website performance.
- Project-lead large website projects typically including multi-departmental coordination.
- Scope design initiatives, prioritise projects, and proactively manage time and deadlines.
- Manage time and priorities of one mid-level designer and potential freelancers.
- Lead the creation of a visual identity and other frameworks for effective management of our website and creative assets.
- Previous experience of full website and e-commerce ownership, preferably for a lifestyle brand.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, lead the design process, and synthesise feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Experience of briefing and working closely with development teams.
- Experience of turning website performance insights into action.
- Superior project management skills and an expert user of project management softwares.
- High interest and ability to become fluent in new online tools and software.
- Good understanding of wordpress or similar CMS tools.
- Strong business acumen and bigger picture understanding.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership.
- Strong visual design aesthetic with a bias for simplification.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proactive and autonomous worker and decision maker.
- No suits.
- Cool office space.
- Creative brainstorm hours.
- Access to The Yacht Week and The Ski Week events.
- Real strong coffee.
- International and diverse office featuring employees with impressive bios.
- Beer fridge Fridays.
- Group Bonus Scheme.
- Pension matching scheme.
- Eligibility to participate in a private health scheme.
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in The Yacht Week office in London.
Competitive salary + bonuses.
Join our merry gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your CV and cover letter by the 25 January 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org