Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken onboard more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’ll be accountable for all our web apps and in house booking systems. Bringing all popular Day 8 brands like The Yacht Week, The Ski Week, Quarterdeck and OH!SO together on one, single user platform.
- Collaborating with internal teams to support the development of marketing campaigns, landing pages and microsites.
- Development of new features across our stack of React, Redux, Symfony, Next.js, Express and other exciting technologies.
- Seeing the impact of your work and experiencing what you've created.
REQUIREMENTSWe are looking for a passionate coder to join our core team in London. You'll be a perfect fit for our team if:
- You've worked with React or similar (Vue, Angular...)
- You've worked with Symfony (or other major PHP framework i.e Laravel)
- Understand ES, PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL, JSON
- Understand data structures in web technologies
- Want to work with prestigious brands
- You are willing to be innovative and propose new ideas
- You value user experience, responsiveness and best practices
- You enjoy working with up to date tech
- Like to have fun, socialise and travel
We do not sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in The Yacht Week office in London.
Join our merry gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org