A wanderlusters paradise
It's no wonder Split is home to one of the most magical UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world and one of the world's most impressive Roman ruins, Diocletian's Palace. Inside this impressive Roman monument are an array of vibrant local restaurants and colourful shops. Split Old Town is a wanderlusters paradise. Take a walk along the vibey Riva and dip into one of the many little pathways which appear as a crack in the wall, only to be welcomed into an open air square of cafes, bars, pizza stalls and ancient Roman statues.
Did you know? Snippets of Game of Thrones were filmed here
- Explore Diocletian's Palace, an ancient Roman ruin now inhabited by bars, restaurants and shops
- Hike up to the Marjan look out point
- Walk the cobblestone streets of the Old Town
- Eat ice-cream at one of the many ice-cream parlours in Split Old Town
Where to eat?
- Paradigma - Contemporary, European €€€
- Bokeria - Mediterranean, European €€
- Zinfandel Food & Wine Bar - Mediterranean €€
- FIGA - Croatian €€
- Fife - Mediterranean budget food €
- Bota-Oyster and Sushi Bar