You had it all planned: the perfect crew, the perfect TYW route, the perfect summer adventure. But suddenly, the whole world has been turned on its head and now you're trying to navigate your crew through some seriously choppy waters. We know this sucks. Across the globe, we're all in the same boat, so we want to make sure you know we're being super flexible with this summer.
If you're the lead booker (aka First Mate), then you're probably finding yourself with a little more responsibility than you expected. Helping a group make a decision is often difficult at the best of times, let alone when we're all in the middle of a pandemic.
So below you'll find all the options you can talk through with your crew. You can also chat with us first if you want help figuring out which option is best. Just drop our team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make sure you know what could work for you before you chat to your crew.
Depending on how everyone feels about this summer - or what various restrictions you each have to abide by - we have a variety of options to help you find one that will work best for everyone. There's no rush to change anything, so talk these options through with your crew and see what works best for all of you.
Watch and wait
If your crew are happy to wait and see how the summer unfolds, you can keep your booking as it is. You don't have to change anything but we would recommend keeping an eye on any changes to travel advice. We will keep you up to date with any travel restrictions in our destinations and if it affects any or all weeks on that route.
You should also stay up to date with your government's advice, in case your travel restrictions change. Here are some useful links for travellers from English-speaking countries:
Shift your summer plans
If for any reason you want to move your booking to later this summer, we're offering flexibility on all dates and routes. Take a look at our destination guide, chat to your crew about what feels like a good fit and speak to our team to see what availability is like. We're here to help you shift your summer so you can still make the best of it.
If your new week is postponed due to the Coronavirus crisis, we will give you the option move your week again or you will be offered a refund credit note to use on any The Yacht Week event in the future.
Look forward to 2021
If for any reason this summer just isn't an option for you anymore, you can move your booking to next summer. Contact our team for details on what weeks and routes we'll be sailing in 2021.