The Yacht Week Is Hiring
Join us on our epic path to create the ultimate event in Croatia, Greece, Italy, Thailand and the British Virgin Islands
HEAD OFFICE ROLE
PLEASE NOTE: WE DON'T WORK WITH RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. PLEASE DO NOT CALL US.
The team behind the The Yacht Week, European Travel Ventures, is looking for a rockstar CEO to join our multi-faceted business and flourishing team.
About our Business
We are building products and companies within the hospitality, events and travel space. We create unique experiences with a clear focus on delighting our customers. Hailing from Sweden, we began in 2008 and our current products are The Yacht Week, Yachts and Friends, The Ski Week and Fort George. Now based in London, we are looking to expand our current products and start new projects in the next phase of the company journey.
About the Role
The CEO will take the helm and steer ETV towards working more closely with the board of directors to co-design our growth strategy and execute the ambitious journey of the company. We are just at the beginning of our story and the CEO will be integral to writing the new chapters. As a proven leader, the CEO will have an appetite for risk and can see beyond conventional wisdom to achieve high level growth in a healthy and scalable manner.
Is this You?
- Experienced: you have a history of transforming and building state-of-the art organisations with a successful track record spanning more than 7 years.
- An activator: you can identify exceptional talent to join our team and to motivate them to excel.
- You don’t fold under pressure, in fact, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A rainmaker: you are an ace at negotiating big, complex strategic deals that drive growth.
- A problem-solver: you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented: your calendar might be crammed, but it’s organized, totally manageable and you don’t miss a beat.
- A charmer: you can easily identify and network with influencers.
- Fired up about us: you are ready to live, eat and breathe ETV, spreading the love to everyone you encounter.
- A person of high integrity: you’re running the show and we can always depend on you.
- Scaled or transitioned a young business from similar stage (c. 20 full time employees) to a larger entrepreneurial organization.
- An impeccable Product/Sales/Marketing background.
- Direct experience in similar sectors (hospitality/travel/events/technology).
- Raised investment and delivered a successful exit.
- A personality that creates a fun and vibrant culture.
- Leadership and motivation: you can get people to believe in your vision and then motivate them to help you deliver it. We are going to be building a high-performing team and they need to WANT to follow you.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: you MUST be a doer not a theorizer – success in a start-up is all about fast, smart action. Every opportunity needs to be seized and made the most of.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Masters degree or MBA.
- Eligible to work in the UK. ETV will not sponsor any Visa applications.
You will be based out of our office in central London. International travel will be required.
Competitive for start-ups and equity plan.
Email email@example.com with your CV (including full references) and covering letter.
The Yacht Week is looking for strong candidates who have the ability to identify and then target the up and coming trend setters within their country. They should attract both experienced and inexperienced sailors to The Yacht Week, using strategic marketing methods such as event management, sponsorship, social media, partnerships and press as well as building a team of Brand Ambassadors to promote The Yacht Week to increase brand awareness and in turn encourage bookings.
We Require Country Managers In
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Marketing experience
- Solid contacts in media and influential brands
- Great communication skills
- Motivation to work alone
- Proven management skills
- Previous attendance on TYW
The role is truly a case of what you put in, you will get out. We expect you to work a minimum of 10 hours per week in your local country/market and keep in regular communication with the Head of Marketing.
You will earn commission based on yacht sales in your market. This is paid annually.
Please send an email with your CV and marketing proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating which market you would like to be considered for. The marketing proposal should be a concise presentation of your ideas of how to promote The Yacht Week and ultimately drive sales in your market. Please note that applications will not be considered for countries that are not listed above.
Are you a rising music video producer star? Let us know... we are currently looking for a talented individual to edit and/or shoot and produce our upcoming trailer content.
We are expecting a trailer equivalent to a Hollywood produced action blockbuster or music video. Our Official Trailer has over 2.5 million views on YouTube. It is critical to have a touch and feel for rhythmical visuals. We only have 90 seconds to reflect the experience and convince the viewer. We promise a great adventure, exciting scenes and a great time.
Please fill out THIS FORM to take the first step in applying for the position.
Contact email@example.com for questions.
Positions for 2014 are open, we encourage all talent to submit an application
This is an unpaid position, but trust us, it is worth doing even if you normally would not work for free. An epic experience in the Mediterranean and/or Caribbean is promised!
A videographer with equipment is a plus.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.