10 Reasons why the BVIs are best explored with The Yacht WeekIt would be criminal to stay on dry land in the BVI's. Made up of over 50 separate islands each surrounded by soft sands and 50 shades of clear turquoise waters, there is much to explore and discover.
1. TYW is for everyone. If you’re seeking a fun, social, tropical and enriching experience with guaranteed access to the best and most exclusive spots around – TYW is for you.
2. Accomplished sailor or keen newbie – TYW caters for all. Hire a professional skipper who will stay with you onboard throughout and give you some good tips to get you started, or stretch your sea legs and go bareboat (without a skipper). The choice is yours.
3. You can choose to hire your very own hostess who will whip up a culinary feast for both breakfast and lunch. What's more, your hostess will even take care of the dishes too.
4. Breakfast and lunch are served onboard and what you eat is entirely up to you. Take your pick of the finest and freshest food at the supermarkets. Local specialties include Anegada lobster – reputedly the best in the Caribbean – Roti (flavorful East Indian flatbread, filled with meat or vegetables) fungi (funnily enough, it's not related to mushroom but a delicious mixture of cornmeal and okra, usually served with seafood), and perfectly ripe local fruits such as soursop, papaya, mango, guava, passion fruit and much much more! If you do happen get peckish in-between meals, you’re free to raid the galley (that’s the kitchen in yacht-speak) anytime you like.
5. Not a minute is wasted organizing itineraries or disputing what’s next on the agenda. TYW’s team of experts arrange every minute detail to make your time magical and get you access to all the hottest hangouts and secret party locations. All you have to do is lap up the luxury life without any of the admin hassle.
6. There’s no fighting for deck chairs on the beach where TYW is concerned. Instead, you can name your very own sunbathing spot onboard and visit exclusive beaches, far from the madding crowd.
7. You can be as active or as sedentary as you like and you’ll still be on the move at sea! In the daytime, swim off the boat and explore different islands or simply snooze in the sun, sip Piña Colada's and listen to the rhythmic beats of TYW's carefully selected playlists. Keep checking the blog for all the latest compilations.
8. You can enjoy the company of your nearest and dearest during the day and have the opportunity to make new friends in the evenings when special events, dinners and parties commence.
9. There’s nothing like a quick dip in the ocean to cure a hangover and the great news is that you are always just a happy hop, skip and a jump from the water.
10. The best place to pick up a tan is at sea. You’ll look brown as a nut in no time. Just don't forget the SPF.
To see the next available dates to join The Yacht Week, have a look at our British Virgin Islands information page.