GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR
We’re on the hunt for an extraordinary leader and manager to join our ever growing team. You will have a strong appetite for risk, deep understanding of our products, the ability to think beyond conventional wisdom, and ensure a healthy yet audacious growth curve from the foundation that’s been built over the past decade.
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS
We are building pioneering products and companies within the hospitality, events and travel space. A lot of the work revolves around creating unique experiences with a focus on inspiring people to pursue more exciting adventures in their lives. We started operating from Sweden in 2010, relocated the office of 4 to London in 2010, and have grown exponentially every year. We are currently 40+ staff with a turnover of £15M+. Our current products are The Yacht Week (group sailing experience), The Ski Week (group skiing experience) and Fort George (events venue in Vis, Croatia). We’re only just getting started. We’re looking to add to our collection of existing adventures and experiences.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
The MD will take the helm and steer ETV forward, working closely with the board of directors to co-create our growth strategy and execute a very ambitious journey for the company. It will take nothing less than a human swiss army knife to make it happen.
IS THIS YOU?
- Experienced. You have a track record of transforming and building state-of-the art organisations. Minimum 7+ years of managerial experience. It may be your first MD role but you’re an extraordinarily driven leader.
- Product understanding. You know the ins & outs of building lifestyle brands and hospitality experiences, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and an acute understanding of our consumer demographic.
- A talent scout. You can identify exceptional people to join our team and motivate them to excel.
- You don’t fold under pressure. In fact quite the opposite – you thrive in a fast-paced environment with unrelenting determination.
- A rainmaker. You are an ace at negotiating big and complex deals that drive growth and build solid and important relationships.
- A problem-solver. You have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented. Your Google calendar can be crammed, but it’s beautifully organised, totally manageable and you don’t miss a beat.
- A charmer. You can easily identify and network with the most influential people in room.
- Fired up about us. You are ready to live, eat and breathe ETV, spreading the love to everyone you encounter.
- A person of high integrity. You're running the show and we can always depend on you to deliver results.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE SOMEONE WHO HAS
- Leadership and motivation. You get people to believe in your vision and motivate them to help you achieve it. We are going to be building a high-performing team and they need and, more importantly want, to follow you.
- Scaled a young business from 20+ full time employees to a larger entrepreneurial organisation.
- A strong background in product, sales and marketing.
- Direct experience in similar sectors; hospitality, travel, technology is a plus.
- Raised investment and delivered a successful exit.
- A charismatic personality who creates a fun and vibrant culture.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set. You must be a doer not a theorizer – success in a start-up is all about fast, smart action. Every opportunity needs to be seized and made the most of.
- Prior experience managing highly effective cross-functional teams.
- Masters degree or MBA.
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
Join our merry gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now. Travel will be required.
Competitive for startups + equity plan.